09 July 2008
Minister Mutafchiev made a working visit and site inspection along the Plovdiv-Svilengrad Railway of the Phase 1 section: Krumovo – Parvomai. The Works Contractor is TERNA S.A. – Greece.
During the site inspection he visited characteristic locations along the site where works on massive railway and road structures were being performed, as well as sections in which the superstructure of the railway track was being executed.
It was reported that up to that moment the following has been performed:
• Culverts - approximately 80% of the total quantity under the project
• Big structures - approximately 25% of the total works quantity;
• Earthworks - approximately 55% of the total works quantity;
• Works on the superstructure of the railway track - approximately 10% of the total works quantity;
• Electrification (including traction substations) - approximately 5% of the total works quantity;
• Works on the existing station and halt buildings - approximately 15% of the total works quantity.
Minister Mutafchiev received an updated Works Programme.
In the course of discussions Minister Mutafchiev noted that the Contractor has achieved significant progress in the execution of earthworks, structures and superstructure works. At the same time the Minister recommended to the Contractor to:
• clearly engage themselves with all deadlines as per the updated Works Programme and not to allow any retreat or intermediate delays;
• speed up all activities related to the works within the station areas along the line in order to ensure maximum synchronization with the Systems Contractor;
• ensure maximum mobilization of their resources of staff, materials and mechanization in order to achieve maximum expedition of the contract execution.
On their part, the Contractor’s representatives emphasized that the Ministry of Transport had always given their assistance with resolving various problems related to the contract.
At the end of the visit the contractual parties for Phase 1 gave guarantees for mobilization of all possible resources and efforts for the successful project completion.
For Additional Information:
Vera Deyanova, Press Centre,
Ministry of Transport
Phone: 9409 534
Ministry of Transport of Republic of Bulgaria
Copyrights © 2005
System engineering for railways in the EU 24 July 2013
EC performed an inspection along the railway route 30 April 2012